Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Daddy's girl?

Since Mimi was born, she always attachs and clings more to me than to my hubby. Yeah, the fact that I was the one who nursed her, put her to bed, had 4 months maternity leave explained why she clings to me more but quite many babies have great bond with their daddy eventhough their mommy is still the prime care taker. Another reason is that Linh had quite little time to play with Mimi. She is a early sleeper so this leaves little time for Linh to play with her after work.
Anyway, for the last two weeks, Mimi suddenly becomes a daddy's girl. She calls "bo" (papa) all the time. The first thing she does in the morning when she wakes up and see me greeting her is to call "bo". When we go back home from work, she sees me first and immediately call "bo". As Mimi cannot say "mama" or "me" (although she can speak a lot of difficult words! Very strange!), she sometimes calls me "bo" as well. This morning, Linh left home early for a business trip so only me taking her to my parent's house. Mimi got out of the flat first and then I followed her and locked the door. She suddenly realised that daddy is not with us (as normally daddy is the one who lock the door and go with us) so she turned back and called "bo". I had to explain to her that daddy is gone already. Not sure whether she understood but she stopped calling "bo" and walked to the lift.
For the last few days, Mimi likes to seat in the car like an adult with the seat belt on. Normally she leans toward the gear and never sit in one place (my mistake of not forcing her to sit in the car seat for children). She looked so funny as she is so small with the seat belt on.

3 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Ryan is a full Daddy's boy.... Mimi is developing very well. Well done!

CL said...

Malaika is a daddy girl as well. YOu can read it here:http://malaika-xiaoyu.blogspot.com/2007/07/daddy-girl.html

餅子 said...

Hi Hang,

Nice to visit your blog and I could get known more to Mimi....

Jane