Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A toddler in the house

Mimi has grown up to become a real toddler now. The baby has gone. I have treated her and talked to her like to a "friend". I ask her before feeding her, before dressing her etc. And she replied back either by nodding or by shaking her head. In the morning, she wanders around the flat while I do some housework and get ready for work. From time to time she comes back to me, clings to my leg, tilts her head backward, looks at me and gave me her sweet smile. This morning Linh had to leave home early so the driver picked me and Mimi up to go to my parents' house. As I had to carry many bags, I couldn't carry Mimi so I asked her to walk by herself and follow me. And she did. She walked along the corridor, walked into the lift, and then walked out of the lift confidently as if she did it so many times. Looking at her, I realised how grown up my girl is now. She is no longer little baby that I can carry around in my arms. She can now understand most of the things I tell her and reply back in her own way. Soon she will go to the school. Time is flying fast before we realise it.

1 comment:

etceteramommy said...

Dont time flies?? Quite scary isnt it, soon we'll be grand mothers. Hahahahaha.... :D