Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Milk, milk, please

For some reason, Mimi drank more milk today than usual. Early morning when she just woke up, I made 150ml for her but she finished it all and asked for more. Another 50ml and then she was happy. At 10am, before the mid morning nap, she also took around 200ml milk. She never took that much before. As a result, she didn’t eat much at lunch. I had some colleagues coming over for lunch. Mimi was so well-behaved. She smiled at people and just watched TV (“Baby Einstein” and “Play Along” CDs) with the maid. I got a good lunch with lots of laughs
Mimi showed so many face expression today. She pretended to touch the hot cup and then quickly took back her hand and gave me a cheeky smile as if she knows it’s hot but she just wanted to try. She pretended to cry using her hands to cover her face and made the noise “Huuuuu” from the mouth. She took the CD out of the cover and tried to put it into the DVD. When she did something funny, she turned to me and gave me a sweet smile. When I pretended to look around and asked “ Where’s my little Mimi” , she said “Ahhh” to let me know where she is. During her day nap, I slept with her on the mattress which is normally folded to become the sofa in her room. Tonight when I changed her clothes to sleeping pyjama, she held my hand and dragged me to the sofa, put my hand on the sofa and used her hand to signal that she wanted me to pull the sofa to make the bed for both her and me (she tried to pull the sofa and then tap tap on my hand to urge me to do the same). But I told her firmly, “no, this is for day nap only. Now is night time already, where do you normally sleep at night?” She pointed to the cot (with hesitant). I put her into the cot, left the room. She still cried (but in lower voice) for about 10 minutes and then felt to sleep.
You are so well-behaved today, baby. My friends were really impressed with you. I’m so proud of you.

1 comment:

etceteramommy said...

Wow, such good appetite. How abt her fruits intake? Better?